Collection, storage and use of personal information
In accordance with international and industrial guidelines, laws and standards, Torus Health Care may electronically collect, store and use the following personal information of users:
name and surname;
country of residence;
non-personal browsing habits and click patterns;
- Information detailed above is collected either electronically by using cookies or is provided voluntarily by the user. Users may determine cookie use independently through their browser settings.
- Torus Health Care will protect the confidentiality of your information, and use your information only for the purpose permitted or required.
Purpose of collection, storage and use of personal information
- Torus Health Care will use your personal information:
To provide you with products;
To verify and authenticate the user when transacting with Torus Health Care;
To ensure that the products are received by the user;
To greet the user when he/she accesses the Website;
To inform the user of facts relating to his/her access and use;
To inform the user about competitions and special offers;
To track browsing habits and click-patterns;
To provide you with information on events, products and services, or other news;
To solicit new members;
To conduct surveys and polls;
To comply with legal or regulatory obligations;
To conduct research and development;
To develop and improve our products, services and activities.
- Note that, as permitted by the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002, Torus Health Care may use personal information collected to compile profiles for statistical purposes. No information contained in the profiles or statistics will be able to be linked to any specific user.
- You consent that we may transfer your information cross border for business purposes, performing contractual obligations and to protect your best interest. All information transfers will comply with the applicable laws.
- Torus Health Care will keep record of all Personal Information collected and the specific purpose for which it was collected for a reasonable period of time from the date on which it was last used.
Rules regarding the disclosure and sharing of personal information and other data
- We will only release your information to a third party under the following circumstances which is not exhaustive:
Where we have an underling contractual relationship with third parties to deliver the products to you;
To prevent and detect fraud, information security and privacy incidents and other crimes;
When directed by your written instruction;
When directed by an order of Court;
To the Independent Communications Authority of South Africa for the purpose of compiling, verifying or auditing any reports, accounts or other information required in terms of the Electronic Communications Act, 2005 and the regulations made pursuant to that Act; and
In terms of any applicable laws and/or regulations.
- Torus Health Care takes reasonable measures to ensure the security and integrity of information submitted by you or collected by our Website, but cannot under any circumstances be held liable for any loss or other damage sustained by you as a result of unlawful access to or dissemination of any Personal Information by a third party.
- Torus Health Care is not responsible for the privacy practices of or the content on sites linking out of the Website.
- Users are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of their account, username and password and for restricting access to their computer. They agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under their account, username and/or password. They agree to provide accurate and truthful information.
- Torus Health Care reserves the right to terminate accounts without prior notice if a user violates these Terms & Conditions or if we decide, in our sole discretion, that it would be in our best interests to do so.